Al-Haq, together with other members of the Palestinian Council of Human Right Organisations (PCHRO),have submitted an open letter to the European Parliament and the Council of Europe on the collective punishment of Palestinian political prisoners held in Israeli prisons.
The letter expresses the concern of the PCHRO over a series of collective and punitive measures taken by the Israeli Prison Service in recent months, prompting a campaign of disobedience, including an ongoing hunger strike.
The PCHRO have also submitted a letter to the Heads of Mission of the ICRC in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory requesting that the ICRC increase its monitoring throughout the Israeli prisons whilst the hunger strike and acts of civil disobedience continue.
Read the letters in full here:
The Palestinian Council of Human Rights Organizations:
- Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association
- Ensan Center for Human Rights and Democracy
- Al-Dameer Association for Human Rights
- Defence for Children International – Palestine Section
- Jerusalem Center for Legal Aid and Human Rights
- Al Mezan Center for Human Rights
- Ramallah Center for Human Rights Studies
- Women's Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling
- Ends -